OHS Consultant | Intermediate to Senior | Melbourne
Full time or part time. Melbourne-based. Ongoing vacancy – no deadline.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting an experienced OHS consultant. This is a client-facing role suitable for people who take pride in supporting clients to solve OHS problems in a practical, approachable, and efficient way. You will bring to the role your ability to influence our clients to improve their workplace safety using an evidence based approach and your outstanding communication and writing skills.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to express yourself, and influence change in way/s that work both for you and your client. We appreciate that everyone is unique and we believe that by providing you with the freedom to leverage your personal flair, you will achieve great results for our clients, whilst at the same time contributing to your professional and personal satisfaction.
We are a client-focused health and safety consultancy that aims to provide clients with practical and evidence-based solutions so they can “safely” focus on their businesses core operations. We are passionate in our drive to embed safety into business as usual, rather than making safety a bureaucratic “task”. We are looking for a person who shares this passion.
We work across multiple industries, and in a range of workplaces from small businesses through to multi-national corporates. There is no one industry vertical that we work within, so you must be prepared and confident to step into any and all kinds of workplaces, and work with clients of all levels. However, we usually (but not always) find ourselves working with organisations in which there is either a small safety team or the safety management role is held by someone within the Human Resources or Operations function.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved with the following tasks:
- Facilitating health and safety discovery sessions with our clients, via WorkSafe Victoria’s OHS Essentials Program and, where required, implementing recommended improvements
- Working in-house at one or more client sites [approximately 1 day per week], supporting them in-person to build their OHS Program and strengthen their OHS processes and practices.
- Leading health and safety audits/reviews and other safety specific projects.
In addition to sharing your WHS insights and solutions with your clients; you will maintain strong relationships with clients of every level, on all projects in which you work, to ensure of both successful project delivery and long-lasting business relationships.
- Tertiary qualification in workplace safety. Experienced applicants with a vocational qualification will also be considered
- 5+ years’ experience in consulting environments, or 5+ years of health and safety experience in advisory or management roles
- Highly proficient English writing skills, with experience preparing professional, client-ready proposals, audit/review reports, blog articles, and other technical safety communications
- A keen interest and willingness in collaborating with consulting professionals in order to deliver a consistent and high-quality level of services to our clients
- An ability to manage your own time and projects, balancing client requirements and requests with agreed project scope and budgets
- An ability to manage multiple customers and projects at any one given time.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changes in the work environment.
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel to client sites occasionally.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety
- Professional experience working with ISO 45001
- Membership with AIHS or AIOH
- Lead Auditor Training
- Certificate IV TAE
About Action OHS Consulting
Established in 2011, we are a Health and Safety Consultancy based in Cremorne, Victoria. Our mission is to make safety accessible and easier for all people, no matter their expertise. Our consulting team consists of five (5) consultants, with up to ten (10) key contractors. Our sister company is Safety Champion Software (www.safetychampion.com.au), so you will be hand-on involved with the development of one of Australia’s leading Health and Safety Software Platforms, and have routine interaction with this team, now approaching 15 employees.
Action OHS Consulting is committed to actively fostering a diverse, open and inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our workers, no matter their unique walk of life. We are focused on our culture, and currently have our monthly culture climate rating exceeding 80%. 2021 will also see us continue with our B Corp Certification – purpose is key for us.
Concerned about remote work?
You will stay connected with our team via our daily huddles and quarterly town halls, not to mention our regular virtual and face-to-face social activities. In addition, you will be involved in weekly and monthly consulting team meetings to support work planning and collaboratively drive the direction of the organisation.
There will be an opportunity to work from our Cremorne office [if not working from home], when you are not working directly onsite with a client. We have an effective COVID-19 Management Plan in place at the office.
Remuneration will be based on your experience and ability to deliver in the role.
How to Apply
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to Christine Houghton at email@example.com Within your cover letter, to ensure a smooth process, please communicate:
- Preference: Full-time, or Part-time
- Your salary expectation band
Action OHS Consulting is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.
We offer flexible working hours, and encourage people returning to work to apply. We are open to both part time and full time applicants, based in Melbourne.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.