Client spotlight – September 2022
The Action OHS Consulting team have been working on a range of projects all with very different clients who have their own individual safety needs. Here is a taste of what we’ve been working on:
- Phil Neville has been working with Self Storage Association of Australasia (SSAA), a peak industry body, to support the development of easy-to-understand online safety training modules for their members.
- Christine Henaghan has been working with Egans Asset Management, a removal and storage service, to conduct risk assessments and review and update Safe Work Method Statements to manage their high-risk works. The team have put in place a traffic management plan and are now working towards electing health and safety representatives, first aid officers and fire wardens, to enhance their consultation, communication and emergency preparedness.
- In NSW, Phil McLean has been assisting the Raptor Recovery Australia team (the largest free flight centre for birds of prey in the Southern Hemisphere). They do fantastic work rescuing and rehabilitating sick, injured or orphaned Australian birds of prey with the goal of releasing the birds back to the wild. We have been working to update their risk assessments and WHS training for staff and volunteers. You can support their great work raptorrecoveryaustralia.org/
- Janelle Corbett and Nick Watts have been providing support to a small business after a significant incident to close out improvement notices, conduct an investigation and continue to support injured workers. These times can be sone of the hardest for businesses, and we work with care and expertise to ensure they have the best support to be able to keep moving the business forward safely.
- Glenn Wilson has been working with Cricket Victoria, conducting risk assessments and creating a risk profile. This includes developing a risk register to document the identified risks, and the controls that can be used to mitigate the risk.