Full time or part time. NSW based.
- Opportunity to lead the growth of our business in NSW
- Values based organisation with a commitment to making a real difference
- Sydney based role with flexible working arrangements
Our mission is to strive to make safety accessible and easier for all people, no matter their expertise. Yep, we’re those guys, we work hard to ensure mums, dads, brothers, sisters and (big) children arrive home from work daily, so they can live life to the fullest.
To support this mission, we started Action OHS Consulting and then realised that we could empower businesses to manage safety independently, if they had technology that was built to suit them. That’s why we built Safety Champion, which today, co-exists side by side with Action OHS Consulting as sister companies. Collectively, both businesses employ 26 employees, with double digit growth in our headcount in 2021.
With our team continuing to grow, we’re looking for a senior level WHS Consultant who is motivated to build our practice in NSW, setting our team up for success as we continue to evolve. We want you to work closely with our clients and take pride in supporting them to solve WHS problems in a practical, approachable and efficient way. In addition to demonstrated leadership skills, you will bring your ability to influence our clients to improve their workplace safety, using an evidence-based approach. You will have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
We work across multiple industries, and in a range of workplaces from small businesses through to multi-national corporates. There is no one industry vertical that we work within, so you must be prepared and confident to step into all kinds of workplaces, and work with clients of all levels. However, we usually (but not always) find ourselves working with organisations in which there is either a small safety team, or the safety management role is held by someone within the Human Resources or Operations function.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved with the following tasks:
- Working closely with the General Manager to develop and roll out our growth strategy in NSW;
- Building and manage a small team, ensuring we have the right people to support our clients;
- Facilitating health and safety discovery sessions with our clients and implementing recommended improvements;
- Working in-house at client sites, supporting them in-person to build their WHS Program and strengthen their WHS processes and practices; and
- Leading health and safety audits/reviews and other safety specific projects.
In addition to sharing your WHS insights and solutions with your clients; you will maintain strong relationships with clients of every level, on all projects in which you work, to ensure both successful project delivery and long-lasting business relationships.
Our preference is to have this role based in Sydney. Of course we will consider flexible working arrangements (including part time or full time). This is a great opportunity to return to work after parental leave or a career break/change, or mix things up with a more flexible way of working.
- Tertiary qualification in workplace safety preferred, however experienced applicants with a vocational experience will also be considered.
- 5-10 years’ experience in consulting environments or management roles.
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team.
- Highly proficient English writing skills, with experience preparing professional, client-ready proposals, audit/review reports, blog articles, and other technical safety communications.
- A keen interest and willingness in collaborating with consulting professionals to deliver a consistent and high-quality level of services to our clients.
- An ability to manage both your own time and projects along with your team, balancing client requirements and requests with agreed project scope and budgets.
- An ability to manage multiple customers and projects at any one given time.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changes in the work environment.
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel to client sites as required.
Desirable skills and experience
- Professional experience working with ISO 45001
- Membership with AIHS or AIOH
- Lead Auditor accreditation
- Certificate IV TAE
How to Apply
If you feel you have what it takes and are excited about the opportunity to join a growing business, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Megan Drysdale, Head of People via LinkedIn or firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 15 March 2022. Within your cover letter please let us know your preference for flexibility (ie full time/part time) and your salary expectations.
Action OHS Consulting is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.