About the job
- Be Empowered. We believe in creating a culture of transparency that empowers you to grow, innovate and make a meaningful impact for our clients and customers.
- Life:Work Balance. We understand the importance of balancing life and work. Our culture and People Programs provide the balance you need to be happier, healthier and more productive.
- It starts on day 1. Our focus on investing in our talent begins on your first day via an in depth and tailored Onboarding Program. The Career Pathways Program will ensure your growth and development to reach your full potential.
Our mission is to strive to make safety accessible and easier for all people, no matter their expertise. Yep, we’re those guys, we work hard to ensure mums, dads, brothers, sisters and (big) children arrive home from work daily, so they can live life to the fullest. To support this mission, we started Action OHS Consulting and then realised that we could empower businesses to manage safety independently, if they had technology that was built to suit them. That’s why we built Safety Champion, which today, co-exists side by side with Action OHS Consulting as sister companies. Collectively, both businesses employ 40 employees, with double digit growth year on year.
With our team continuing to grow, we’re looking for a OHS Consultant who is motivated to support us in building our practice in Victoria. We are setting our team up for success as we continue to evolve! We want you to work closely with our clients and take pride in supporting them to solve OHS problems in a practical, approachable and efficient way. Whether you’re making a move from another consulting role or a residential safety role, you’ll be supported and encouraged by our amazing national team of SME’s. There’s no end to the collaboration and knowledge sharing you’ll gain by working with a team of likeminded humans.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved with the following tasks:
- Working closely with the General Manager and Senior Consultants to support the development and roll out our growth strategy in Victoria;
- Facilitating health and safety discovery sessions with our clients and implementing recommended improvements;
- Working in-house at client sites, supporting them in-person to build their OHS Program and strengthen their OHS processes and practices; and
- Leading health and safety audits/reviews and other safety specific projects.
- In addition to sharing your OHS insights and solutions with your clients; you will maintain strong relationships with clients of every level, on all projects in which you work, to ensure both successful project delivery and long-lasting business relationships.
Our preference is to have this role based in Melbourne. Of course we will consider hybrid working arrangements (as well as part time or full time). This is a great opportunity to return to work after parental leave or a career break/change, or mix things up with a more flexible way of working.
- Tertiary qualification in workplace safety preferred, however experienced applicants with a vocational experience will also be considered.
- 3-4 years’ experience in consulting environments or management roles.
- Highly proficient English writing skills, with experience preparing professional, client-ready proposals, audit/review reports, blog articles, and other technical safety communications.
- A keen interest and willingness in collaborating with consulting professionals to deliver a consistent and high-quality level of services to our clients.
- An ability to manage both your own time and projects along with your team, balancing client requirements and requests with agreed project scope and budgets.
- An ability to manage multiple customers and projects at any one given time.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changes in the work environment.
- A full driver’s license and access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel to client sites as required.
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Professional experience working with ISO 45001
- Membership with AIHS or AIOH
- Lead Auditor accreditation
- Certificate IV TAFE
How To Apply
If you feel you have what it takes and are excited about the opportunity to join a growing business, we’d love to hear from you. Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Megan Drysdale, Head of People via our Jobs Board. Within your cover letter please let us know your preference for flexibility (ie full time/part time) and your salary expectations.
Action OHS Consulting is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
Safety, Consulting, Audit, Communication, Report Writing.