Senior OHS Consultant
Bring your passion for OHS management to a consulting firm that cares about its people and its clients and where every day you can make a difference!
• Client-focussed generalist workplace health and safety consulting firm
• Values based organisation with a commitment to making a real difference
• Melbourne based role with flexible working arrangements
Action OHS Consulting is committed to actively fostering a diverse, open and inclusive workplace. We are a values-based firm, committed to the needs of our clients and our people. We love bold ideas, we go for gold and we use a start-up mindset to ensure we embrace growth and exciting opportunities when presented. We value individual contribution, diversity and inclusion, whilst recognising we are stronger and more effective as a Team. We value continuous learning and professional development, and actively support our people to maintain currency of knowledge and expand their competencies. Along with our sister company, Safety Champion Software we seek to make a valuable contribution to the management of workplace health and safety in Australia.
About the Role
Due to an exciting period of growth in our business, we are seeking experienced Senior OHS Consultants to join our Melbourne team. We are looking for passionate OHS professionals, who are motivated to work with their clients to resolve workplace health and safety issues in a practical, approachable, and efficient way. With your outstanding communication and writing skills and your evidence-based approach to managing safety, you will assist our clients and make a real difference in their workplaces. Our consultants are client-focused, aiming to provide effective solutions so our clients can manage their safety responsibilities, whilst still focussing on their core business operations. We strive to embed safety into business as usual and seek consultants who share this philosophy.
As we work across a broad range of industries and sectors, in workplaces from small businesses through to multi-national corporates, we are seeking consultants with the ability to work with a diverse range of clients and work environments. You will have autonomy to develop strong working relationships with your clients and manage a range of projects, all whilst being supported by our motivated and committed team. This role offers great flexibility with opportunities to work from our Cremorne office, from home, or onsite at client workplaces, all in accordance with the respective COVID-19 Management Plans and health guidelines.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• A tertiary qualification in workplace health and safety or a vocational qualification with relevant OHS experience.
• 3-5 years experience in consulting or professional services roles or a minimum of 5 years experience in OHS management or senior advisory roles.
• Highly proficient writing and communication skills, as demonstrated through your experience in the development of professional and/or technical documentation, and presentations for a range of audiences and forums.
• A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, with a willingness to travel to client sites as required.
• Membership of the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS) or other relevant professional membership.
Applicants with the following will be highly regarded:
• Professional grading/certification with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS).
• Lead Auditor qualifications and professional experience working with ISO 45001 and / or the National Audit Tool.
• Demonstrated experience in building management systems that have been certified against the ISO standard for safety. Experience with both the quality and environment standard is also welcomed.
• Current/previous accreditation with the WorkSafe Victoria OHS Essential Program (or the ability to obtain).
• Certificate IV TAE qualifications.
• Bilingual or multilingual speakers.
As a values-driven, equal opportunity employer, Action OHS Consulting encourages applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities. Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Applicants may be required to undertake Criminal Records checks for some client or project work.
To apply for this role please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org