Casual / contract. Melbourne-based. Ongoing vacancy – no deadline.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting an Ergonomics Consultant on a casual, contractual basis. This is a client-facing role in which you will assist with the delivery of confirmed projects with our clients. You will support our clients to better understand the physical and postural requirements associated with their work environment by working with a friendly and approachable demeanour.
We are a client-focused health and safety consultancy that aims to provide clients with practical and evidence-based solutions so they can “safely” focus on their businesses core operations. We are passionate in our drive to embed safety into business as usual, rather than making safety a bureaucratic “task”. We are looking for a person who shares this passion.
You will be involved with the following kinds of tasks:
- Delivering virtual and/or face-to-face (where COVID-19 restrictions allow) ergonomic assessments
- Developing job dictionaries
- Supporting and/or leading manual handling risk assessments and working with clients to implement effective solutions
- Facilitating ergonomic-related training webinars.
- Tertiary qualification in an Allied Health Profession, specifically Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, or Human Movement, or working towards one (students in their final years welcome to apply)
- Highly proficient English writing skills, including producing technical blogs and other articles
- A keen interest and willingness in collaborating with our consulting professionals in order to deliver a consistent and high-quality level of services to our clients
- Outstanding time management and organisation skills – able to manage own projects.
- A flexible and adaptable approach.
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, and willingness to travel to client sites as required.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Past experience in workstation ergonomic assessments, and/or delivery of manual handling risk assessments would be highly regarded.
- Experience with reasonable adjustments associated with Return to Work
- Qualifications in Work Health and Safety
- Membership with HFESA
- Certificate IV TAE
About Action OHS Consulting
Established in 2011, we are a Health and Safety Consultancy based in Cremorne, Victoria. Our mission is to make safety accessible and easier for all people, no matter their expertise. Our consulting team consists of five (5) consultants, with up to ten (10) key contractors. Our sister company is Safety Champion Software (www.safetychampion.com.au), so you will be hand-on involved with the development of one of Australia’s leading Health and Safety Software Platforms, and have routine interaction with this team, now approaching 15 employees.
Action OHS Consulting is committed to actively fostering a diverse, open and inclusive workplace that celebrates the contribution made by all our workers, no matter their unique walk of life. We are focused on our culture, and currently have our monthly culture climate rating exceeding 80%. 2021 will also see us continue with our B Corp Certification – purpose is key for us.
Concerned about remote work?
You will stay connected with our team via our daily huddles and quarterly town halls, not to mention our regular virtual and face-to-face social activities.
There will be an opportunity to work out of our Cremorne office [if not working from home], when you are not working directly onsite with a client. We have an effective COVID-19 Management Plan in place at the office.
Workload and Remuneration
We anticipate that this role may provide up to 40-hours of work per month.
Remuneration will be based on your experience and ability to deliver in the role. There is an opportunity for the employment relationship to be in the form of a casual employee, and/or contractor.
How to Apply
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to Christine Houghton at email@example.com Within your cover letter, to ensure a smooth process, please communicate:
- Availability – i.e. days per week, within business hours [9 am to 5 pm].
Action OHS Consulting is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.
We offer flexible working hours, and encourage people returning to work to apply.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to compete Criminal Record check prior to commencement of employment.