OHS Consultant | VIC, NSW & QLD
Full time or part time.
- Opportunity to join a growing Australian OHS Consulting business
- Values based organisation with a commitment to making a real difference
- Victorian based role with flexible working arrangements
Are you a passionate OHS practitioner or professional, ready to make the move into consulting? Do you have experience in managing safety and would like to share that knowledge and skills to improve the health and safety of people across a range of workplaces? We are looking for passionate safety advisors, looking to start their consulting careers in a firm that cares about its people, its client’s, and the work we do.
Our mission is to strive to make safety accessible and easier for all people, no matter their expertise. Yep, we’re those guys, we work hard to ensure mums, dads, brothers, sisters and (big) children arrive home from work daily, so they can live life to the fullest.
To support this mission, we started Action OHS Consulting and then realised that we could empower businesses to manage safety independently, if they had technology that was built to suit them. That’s why we built Safety Champion Software, which today, co-exists side by side with Action OHS Consulting as sister companies. Collectively, both businesses employ 40 employees.
About the Role
Our strategic growth plans see us building out our OHS/WHS consultant capacity along the eastern seaboard (Victoria, NSW and QLD). We are looking for passionate OHS/WHS professionals and practitioners who are motivated to resolve workplace health and safety issues in a practical, approachable, and efficient way.
With your outstanding communication and writing skills and your evidence-based approach to managing safety, you will assist our clients and make a real difference in their workplaces. Our consultants are client-focused, aiming to provide effective solutions so our clients can manage their safety responsibilities, whilst still focussing on their core business operations. We strive to embed safety into business as usual and seek consultants who share this philosophy.
You will work across multiple industries, and in a range of workplaces from small businesses through to multi-national corporates. There is no one industry vertical that we work within, so you must be prepared and confident to step into all kinds of workplaces, and work with clients of all levels. However, we usually (but not always) find ourselves working with organisations in which there is a small safety team, or the safety management role is held by someone within the Human Resources. Operations or Finance function.
You will work closely with and have ongoing mentoring from a Senior Consultant and our General Manager, with exposure to learnings from across the business, in addition to having the autonomy to develop strong working relationships with your clients and work across a range of projects.
This role offers great flexibility with opportunities to work from our Cremorne office (if you’re based locally), home or onsite at client workplaces.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A vocational OHS qualification with relevant OHS/WHS experience.
- 3+ years experience in OHS/WHS management or senior advisory in-house roles.
- Highly proficient writing and communication skills, as demonstrated through experience in the development of professional and/or technical documentation, and presentations for a range of audiences and forums.
- A full driver’s licence and access to a vehicle, with a willingness to travel to client sites as required.
- Membership of the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS) or other relevant professional membership.
Applicants with the following will be highly regarded:
- A tertiary qualification in workplace health and safety; injury management and rehabilitation; or an allied health speciality
- Professional grading/certification with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS)
- Lead Auditor qualifications and professional experience working with ISO 45001 and / or the National Audit Tool
- Demonstrated experience in building management systems that have been certified against the ISO standard for safety. Experience with both the quality and environment standard is also welcomed.
- Current/previous accreditation with the WorkSafe Victoria OHS Essential Program (or the ability to obtain)
- Certificate IV TAE qualifications
- Bilingual or multilingual speakers
How to Apply
If you feel you have what it takes and are excited about the opportunity to join a growing business, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Megan Drysdale, Head of People via LinkedIn or firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 24 June 2023. Within your cover letter please let us know your preference for flexibility (ie full time/part time) and your salary expectations.
Action OHS Consulting is a values-driven, equal opportunity employer. We very much encourage applications from people from culturally diverse backgrounds, linguistically diverse people, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, members of the LGBTIQA+ communities and people with disabilities.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the appropriate approval to work in Australia.